Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Font

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,696
  • Post Score: 46

05.18.2023 | 4:36 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.05.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Bridgestone Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,102,127
  • Attendance: 17,792
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Cory Sandhagen   defeats   Rob Font   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Jéssica Andrade   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:31 Round 2 of 3, 6:31 Total Bout Page
Dustin Jacoby   defeats   Kennedy Nzechukwu   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground Strikes   1:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Gavin Tucker   via Submission, Triangle Armbar   1:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tanner Boser   defeats   Aleksa Camur   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ľudovít Klein   defeats   Ignacio Bahamondes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyler Phillips   defeats   Raoni Barcelos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlston Harris   defeats   Jeremiah Wells   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   1:50 Round 3 of 3, 11:50 Total Bout Page
Billy Quarantillo   defeats   Damon Jackson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Cody Durden   defeats   Jake Hadley   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean Woodson   defeats   Dennis Buzukja   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Asu Almabaev   defeats   Ode Osbourne   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:11 Round 2 of 3, 8:11 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 12

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,694  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  844
  • Post Score: 142

08.03.2023 | 4:56 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3488th

Am I trippin or was there not a media day for this card?
Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  13,077  |  73.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,275
  • Post Score: 189

08.03.2023 | 5:13 PM ET

Byakuya Kuchiki

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2341st

Bro, I really want to see Andrade pulling the upset on Saturday Night and I'm going to root for Jessica because despite his striking and grappling is more carried on her brute power and physical strength over technique, but everyone knows that whenever Andrade fights it's an entertaining fight Because the fight is almost 100% certain to end in a finish, Andrade's record for finishes (both KO and Subs) in every WMMA category speaks for itself. 

But in this matchup Suarez has all the tools to beat Andrade by ground and pound or with a kimura or americana. Jessica's only opportunity is caught Tatiana on feet early in the fight or maybe a submission attempt like a D'Arce Choke or Anaconda Choke after stuff a takedown.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Glovetown
Glovetown
  • Predictions:  4,552  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 165

08.03.2023 | 6:26 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1536th

I can’t wait for the MMA community to get tired of deepthroading every fighter with a “v” at the end of their name. These guys are like centers in the NBA — top heavy. The best of the best are INCREDIBLE but after that it tails off FAST into pure ass cheeks. Actually go watch the bottom of an ACA card and you’ll understand.

"Why you ain’t look me in my eyes when you said that?"

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,433  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,684
  • Post Score: 166

08.03.2023 | 7:31 PM ET

Glovetown

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1007th

be careful or some Chechen might find your ip 🤣
brandonk
brandonk
  • Predictions:  3,906  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  393
  • Post Score: 95

08.03.2023 | 7:38 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 234th

Sad seeing Andrade being fed to these girls now. Really sad. 
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

08.03.2023 | 7:45 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1342nd

@Glovetown  

I get what your saying, but no sorry I will have to disagree... Now if you want a top heavy group/nation of fighters, it would be the Irish MMA fighters, perhaps even British also... They are kind of.... Real trashy and dont have a lot of class/dignity... Waving their flags at every cheap chance they get.... And must have some funny ideas about how to train and build fitness/strength... But no I dont think Dagestani's/Chechens/Georgians/Circassians etc are top heavy at all... Since the war started I think there have been a good few less MMA events around Russia... But no... I have picked so many events, seen so many novice to high level Caucasian (Mountain Steppe Region) fighters, with great records, mixed records, most of them will fade into the history books of time, with a few standouts making the big time.... They look mean (but its not an act) and usually always in proper great shape, they understand how to train elite, but above all they are humble and have a lot of integrity and honor as people (the root of their greatness)... I dont think they are top heavy, I think they are bottom heavy to top heavy ha.... Gladiators is just who/what they are..... And real ones (not all but most/many)

And yeah I used to watch ACA when it was ACB, and Fight Nights Global, and saw a few Akhmat FC's before the merge, I am not sure what your talking about to be honest... I thought even their novice prelim fighters would proper smoke other region's novice fighters.... They are different breeds... Just my 2 cents

One of my favorites of them, probably favorite :

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/12561-magomed-shikshabekov-the-eagle

* Edited at 08.03.2023, 8:03 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Glovetown
Glovetown
  • Predictions:  4,552  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 165

08.03.2023 | 8:11 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer 
I was mainly referring to this Asu kid. Who I’m super unimpressed by. But I don’t disagree. Most regional MMA is top heavy but in relation how they’re perceived in the MMA community, I think the discrepancy between reality and perceptions is super wide

"Why you ain’t look me in my eyes when you said that?"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

08.03.2023 | 8:14 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1342nd

@Glovetown  

Yeah I get ya.... I know they arent all invincible for sure.... But I think most of them are beasts in general ha... Made for the Cage. And not just in MMA, they have proper beast guys in MMA, boxing, Olympic wrestling, judo, pro kickboxing/Muay Thai, you name it.... Considering their tiny populations and territories, I think they punch way above their weights in pretty much all forms of combat sports, and probably will for a long time yet.... Straight Edge ****.....

* Edited at 08.03.2023, 8:21 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Seanny
Seanny
  • Predictions:  1,078  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

08.04.2023 | 2:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1156th

Sandhagen vs. Font
Cory Sandhagen, DEC
49-44

DdogMMA
DdogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,639  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  166
  • Post Score: 138

08.04.2023 | 6:54 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 2175th

Sandhagen vs. Font
Cory Sandhagen, SUB, R3
Sandhagen gonna get a submission here. They'll be striking and then Sandhagen will snatch something up. Font is very good but he's a one dimensional boxer and coming in on short notice to fight a guy that was training for Nurmagomedov. Cory is gonna do bad things to Font. This won't be close as the fight goes on.

Andrade vs. Suarez
Tatiana Suarez, SUB, R1
Takedown and sub for Suarez. Andrade is also done. Blanchfield did bad things to her, Suarez will do triple that. Andrade has power sure but her ground game is atrocious. Suarez is still a beast.

Jacoby vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, SUB, R2
Kennedy will close the distance on a slow kickboxing Jacoby and sub him. Kennedy is on his way up. Jacoby may be done too.

Tucker vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R1
Easy club and sub for Lopes here. Tucker used to have skills but he's old and way slower than Lopes. He is also coming off a layoff due to being knocked out badly and has always fought injuries. I saw Lopes debut live vs Evloev and this guy is super good. Never good to judge a guy based on a loss but it was his debut to Movsar and almost had him out of there. Super impressive.

Boser vs. Camur
Aleksa Camur, TKO, R2
Camur will just spam takedowns and then get a ground and pound finish. Boser is legit done. Loser gets cut.

Bahamondes vs. Klein
Ignacio Bahamondes, DEC
Bahamondes will beat Klein up for 15 mins. Klein is gonna take a beating here. I think Klein is an ok fighter I don't see him ever cracking the top 30 but he is UFC caliber and is a fine test for young guys.

Barcelos vs. Phillips
Kyler Phillips, DEC
Barcelos is done. Phillips will stay to the outside and pick him apart. The only way Barcelos wins is if he can mix in his wrestling but we all know he won't do that.

Wells vs. Harris
Carlston Harris, TKO, R1
I was flipping back and forth on this pick but I'm taking Harris. I've always liked Harris it's too bad he's already 36 and they fed him to Shavkat cause this guy is skilled. Wells is decent but has barely any cardio and his striking is awful besides power shots. Carlston should beat him here.

Quarantillo vs. Jackson
Billy Quarantillo, TKO, R2
Ground and pound coming for Billy Q. Jackson has decent wrestling but he can be taken down and he's super slow with his movements and striking. He's gonna get knocked out here.

Hadley vs. Durden
Jake Hadley, SUB, R1
I like Hadley but this fight may end up being close. It'll be Hadley early or Durden by wrestling to a decision. I think Durden gets Hadley down and then Hadley reverses and subs him or he will sub Durden from his back. Rooting for Cody though.

Woodson vs. Buzukja
Dennis Buzukja, DEC
I'm actually gonna take the dog here in Buzukja. I was never high on Woodson and his takedown defense is ****. Dennis has fought **** competition on the regional scene and he's coming in on short notice but I think he's more skilled than Sean honestly. Woodson has a suspect cardio and chin.

Osbourne vs. Almabaev
Asu Almabaev, SUB, R1
I think Ode is gonna come out fast and then get club and subbed. I really like Ode and I think he's talented but the UFC is building up some more fighters with high potential coming in from the regional scene. I hope they keep Ode around for a while he's a decent fighter and is still decently young. Asu has fought good competition on the regional scene and unless he has UFC debut nerves, he gets this done. I'm rooting for Ode though.

Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,217  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 160

08.04.2023 | 7:39 AM ET

@Amettxpc 

@Amettxpc 

Agreed she has all the tools to win this fight. 
Currently this fight is basically a crossroads for both fighters. 
A loss here can see people either mentioning Jessica needs to retire or fighting lesser opponents. 

I also agree that Jessica is going to have to stop those takedown attempts and really damage her early on to get her respect Jessicas range and if the takedown attempt is worth it to close the distance on someone with nukes in their hands. 

* Edited at 08.04.2023, 7:42 AM ET *

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

Draco22
Draco22
  • Predictions:  1,148  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 29

08.04.2023 | 8:12 AM ET

Ufc

Why all tha russians pull out?
Mightypro150
Mightypro150
  • Predictions:  8,931  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  144
  • Post Score: 67

08.04.2023 | 8:54 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Woodson vs. Buzukja
Sean Woodson, DEC
Both are plotty. Stand and jab. Dennis does not move his head. Punches harder but wears the jab damage. Has to ko or takedown to win.

Osbourne vs. Almabaev
Ode Osbourne, TKO, R2
Ode has the secret x button mapped to instant prone. He's not getting smothered. If he stuffs it Asu will get lit up.

"It's like predicting the future..., except it isn't."

Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,217  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 160

08.04.2023 | 8:59 AM ET

@Draco22 

Mother said come home before maghrib

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,779
  • Post Score: 128

08.04.2023 | 10:54 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1214th

So we're supposed to have faith in Ode who deathgasses way too early in every fight? The last time around he got a full round's rest, took the full five minutes and was still completely shot in the 3rd, like he hadn't had a break at all.

Don't get me wrong there's a number where I buy him here but it is truly a gamble to play these kind of unreliable fighters, it really does nothing for your sleep to have money on them.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,433  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,684
  • Post Score: 166

08.04.2023 | 10:57 AM ET

Gliese

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1007th

yeah and it's not some crazy number either, Ode is only +160 rn. don't see much value 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,659  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32,822
  • Post Score: 90

08.04.2023 | 10:58 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3622nd

He’s fighting a chain wrestler too. Assu doesn’t even need to get him down early, just needs to grind him out early and he will death gas

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

gliese58i
gliese58i

08.04.2023 | 11:29 AM ET

Anyone got a link to video coverage of the weigh ins? I can't find it strangely enough yet MMA Junkie is posting a bunch of weigh-in results. Ceremonials is scheduled on the UFC YT page but I don't see the actual weigh in.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Meluka
Meluka
  • Predictions:  303  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  213
  • Post Score: 219

08.04.2023 | 11:32 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 3442nd

@gliese58i 
go to Marcel Dorff’s twitter, he posted a Facebook link 
gliese58i
gliese58i

08.04.2023 | 11:51 AM ET

@Meluka

Last tweet I see from him is from 2022. Maybe because I don't have a twitter account. Thanks anyway. Apparently my search-fu is not strong enough for what you'd think would be widely spread and available footage in the interest of transparency and maintaining a legitimate sport. /s

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Jailton Almeida reflects on mistake against Curtis Blaydes, vows to ‘put on a great show’ at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books Josh Fremd vs. Andre Petroski for July 13 Fight Night event
  • MMA Mania : Flashback! Watch Strickland Upset Izzy Down Under
  • MMAFighting.com : With free agency behind him, Elizeu Zaleski happy to face Randy Brown at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Eric Nicksick gives Dustin Poirier ‘very good chance’ against ‘boogeyman’ Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Randy Brown vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results NOW!
  • MMA Junkie : Niko Price vs. Alex Morono prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Belal Muhammad: Islam Makhachev could go up to 185 and ‘beat Dricus du Plessis right now’
  • MMA Mania : Poirier Tracks Down Makhachev For Backstage Apology
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET
  • Middle Easy : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul Postponed Following Boxing Legend’s Health Condition
  • MMA Junkie : FanDuel Promo Code | Bet & Win $150 in Bonus Bets for UFC 302: Makhachev-Poirier & More
  • MMA Junkie : From Las Vegas brawl to UFC 302: How Ailin Perez vs. Joselyne Edwards grew into a heated grudge match
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier live stream watch party
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Wilder Vs. Zhang Results, Streaming Updates
  • Middle Easy : Video: Kayla Harrison Slams Alex Pereira Hard To The Mat With Powerful Judo Throw
  • MMAFighting.com : Paulo Costa believes impressive UFC 302 performance can vault him to title shot
  • MMA Mania : ‘Mom Doesn’t Want Me To KO You’